Roasted Bell Peppers
|Bell peppers||6 , cut into half lengthwise, removing stems, seeds and ribs|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste (As Desired)|
1) Heat the broiler.
2) On a rack or broiling pan, place the peppers, skin side up. The peppers should be approximately 3 inches from the heat.
3) Broil the peppers till the skin is charred well, for 6 minutes.
4) Remove from the broiler, and place the peppers in a plastic bag.
5) With a twist, seal the bag tightly.
6) Steam the peppers for close to 10 minutes.
7) Now, remove the peppers from the sealed bag.
8) Peel off the skin (You may try this under cold running water), removing all the black.
9) In a jar, place the peppers and add enough olive oil to cover them.
10) Now, grind black pepper over them.
11) Tightly cover the jar and refrigerate the peppers. They will be good for use for approximately 1 week.
12) You can use roasted bell peppers in a variety of dishes such as soups, casseroles etc.