Veal Stew With Tomatoes And Green Peppers
|Veal shoulder||2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
1) Take a heavy 4- or 5-quart saucepan and melt lard in it over medium heat.
2) Add in onions and garlic and sautÃ© them for 8 to 10 minutes until the onions are lightly colored.
3) Take them off from heat and mix in paprika, stirring continuing until the onions are well coated.
4) Mix in veal and then cover the mixture tightly.
5) Reduce heat to its lowest point and boil the mixture for 1/2 hour.
6) Mix in tomatoes and cover and cook the mixture for 1/2 hour longer, stirring occasionally.
7) Stir in green peppers and again cover and cook for 1/2 hour more, stirring occasionally, until the veal is soft.
8) Adjust seasoning.
9) Serve hot at once with boiled potatoes, dumplings or noodles.