David's Preserved Peppers
|White distilled vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers strip||9 Pound, seeded (1/2 Inch Thick Strips)|
|Whole black peppercorns||25|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm), peeled, halved|
1) In a large pot boil water along with salt. Take the pot off the flame and stir in vinegar.
2) Take 5 1-quart canning jars, clean and sterilize them.
3) Distribute the whole peppercorns, 6 halved garlic cloves, dill sprigs and bay leaves equally among the five jars.
4) Distribute the bell pepper slices too equally and add into the jars.
5) Pour the vinegar brine over the jars leaving 1/4-inch gap between the lid.
6) Pour boiling water over the jar lids and seal them tightly.
7) To preserve the canning jars pour boiling water into a deep kettle and place the jars inside the kettle so that they are immersed in the scalding water.
8) Cover the kettle and return it to boil for about 10 minutes, lowering the flame if needed.
9) Remove the jars from the kettle and allow them to cool down by placing them on newpaper sheets.
10) Once cooled, store the jars undisturbed in a cool environment for a minimum of two weeks.
11) Serve David's Preserved Peppers chilled.
While preparing the water bath to preserve the jars, do not pour boiling water directly over the jars as the glass may crack.
Calories 8 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0.01%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 169.7 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 0.04 g0.07%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 0.1% Iron 0.11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet