Pasta & Cheese Stuffed Peppers
|Gnocchetti sardi||1⁄2 Pound (Small Dumpling Shapes)|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Bell peppers||4 (For Stuffing)|
|Flat leaf parsley||3 (A Few Sprigs, To Garnish)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Scallions||6 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Bell pepper||1 , seeded and diced finely|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), freshly grated|
1. Cook gnocchetti sardi in boiling salted water adding a dash of olive oil for about 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
2. Drain in a colander and set aside.
3. Slice off top of each pepper, reserving it as a lid.
4. Remove and discard seeds and pith.
5. Grease an oven dish with a little olive oil.
6. Preheat oven to 400°F.
7. To make the filling, in a large skillet melt the butter.
8. Add and sauté scallions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
9. Add diced pepper and seasonings and sauté another 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
10. Add boiled gnocchetti and the Parmesan cheese and heat through for about 2 minutes.
11. Arrange pepper shells in a baking dish.
12. Spoon filling into each pepper packing them till the brim.
13. Cover peppers with reserved lids.
14. Bake them for about 30 minutes, until tender.
15. Just before serving, broil peppers for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through and char the skins.
16. Serve stuffed peppers hot, lilting the lid to reveal filling and garnishing with parsley sprigs.