Calico Stuffed Peppers
|Green peppers||3 Large|
|Bulk sausage||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash green pepper and slice into half lengthwise.
2. Cut stem and scoop out the seeds.
3. In a 4-quart casserole, place the peppers and cook for 4 minutes.
4. In a 2-quart casserole, place sausages and onions and cook for 5 minutes; stir only once.
5. Drain excess fat out after cooking sausages.
6. Add corn, catsup and garlic salt to sausages and mix well.
7. Stuff pepper with sausage mixture.
8. Place the stuffed peppers back into the casserole.
9. Drizzle tomato sauce over pepper and cover the casserole.
10. Cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Sprinkle cheese over cooked stuffed pepper and cook uncovered for 1 more minute until the cheese melts.
12. Serve hot.