Hot Pepper Jelly
|Green peppers||2 Large, cored, seeded and chopped (2 Cups)|
|Long green chili pepper||2 , chopped (4 Tablespoons)|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
1. Sterilize 6 (8 ounce) jars and lids.
2. Heat water in a hot water canner.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, combine green peppers and chili peppers in a small bowl.
4. Place half of the mixture into food processor jar with 1/2 cup of the vinegar
5. Process until almost smooth and pour into large kettle or skillet.
6. Repeat with remaining peppers and 1/2 cup vinegar.
7. Add remaining 1/2 cup vinegar to blender container to rinse it and pour into kettle
8. Stir in sugar.
9. Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly.
10. Boil for 1 minute before taking pan off heat.
11. Skim foam off top.
12. Stir in food coloring, if you wish.
13. Add pectin and stir well, skimming any foam that forms on top.
14. Quickly ladle the jelly into sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops.
15. Cover with flat lids, and screw on bands tightly.
16. Place jars in rack, and slowly lower jars into canner. The water should cover the jars completely, and should be hot but not boiling.
17. Bring water to a boil, and process for 5 minutes.
18. Allow to cool completely before moving the glasses.
19. Label; date and store in a cool dry place.
20. Enjoy this spicy jelly on crackers or bread with cream cheese.
21. It also makes a festive holiday appetizer and gifting food.