Veal Sausage Stuffed Peppers
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked long grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Veal sausage||2 1⁄2 Ounce, cooked, crumbled|
|Frozen egg substitute||2 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Finely chopped fresh italian flat leaf parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Green bell peppers/Red bell peppers||2 Medium|
1. Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each pepper; reserve slices.
2. Remove and discard seeds and membranes from peppers.
3. In a 2-quart microwavable casserole, stir together onion and oil.
4. Cover the casserole and microwave on High for 1 1/2 minutes until onion is translucent.
5. Add rest of the ingredients except bell peppers; stir well to combine.
6. Stuff each pepper with half of the sausage mixture and top each with the reserved pepper slice.
7. In same casserole, place the stuffed peppers and add 1/4 cup water.
8. Cover and cook on High for 10 minutes until peppers are fork-tender.
9. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
10. Serve immediately.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.4 mg11.1%
Sodium 416.3 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 217.1%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet