Stuffed Peppers- How To Make Stuffed Bell Peppers (Loaded with Yumminess)
|Green bell pepper||4 Large|
|Chicken broth/Salted water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ground turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked turkey sausage||1 , diced|
|White rice/Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, diced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (fresh/ flakes)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut 2 inch tops off the green bell pepper and remove the seeds.
2. Clean the pepper cup of membrane and seeds if any. Wash and clean it.
3. Remove the seeds and stems from the cut off tops and chop them finely. Set aside.
4. In a pot, pour the chicken broth. Place the pepper cups into the broth and bring it to boil.
5. Parboil for 5 minutes, remove from the broth and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped bell pepper, onion and garlic.
8. Saute till the onions are translucent.
9. Put the turkey and sausage. Continue to saute for a few more minutes.
10. Add the rice and mix well. Put in the canned tomatoes and continue to mix.
11. Season with parsley, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
12. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and stir well to mix. Turn off the heat.
13. Pack each parboiled pepper cup with the filling.
14. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and place in a baking tray.
15. Bake for 20 minutes or till the cheese melts.
16. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
17. In a serving plate, place the stuffed bell peppers, sprinkle more cheese if desired and serve as a meal or with choice of side.
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 99.5 mg33.2%
Sodium 1238.8 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 50.9% Vitamin C 289%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet