Stuffed Peppers Or Pimentoes
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Pint|
|Yeast extract/Savory extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) In boiling water, allow peppers to simmer for 5 minutes and drain well.
3) Slice off tops and with a spoon, hollow out seeds.
4) To prepare the stuffing, heat fat and sauté onion and garlic in it over low heat.
5) Stir in rice, mushrooms, water and extract and boil until the mixture absorbs the liquid.
6) Add in parsley and eggs, mixing well.
7) Let the mixture cool a bit and add salt and pepper to taste.
8) On an oiled, shallow ovenproof dish, place the peppers after stuffing them with the mixture.
9) Surround them by sliced tomatoes topped with a little sugar, salt and pepper.
10) Apply oil on peppers and bake for about 30 minutes on top shelf of the preheated oven.
11) Serve hot with garlic bread or french bread and butter, and some red wine.