LambStuffed Green Peppers
|Green peppers||4 Large|
|Cooked ground lamb||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves/Pinch of dried basil||2|
1) Remove the tops and discard seeds from peppers.
2) Combine together lamb, rice, onion, salt and pepper for the stuffing.
3) Fill the peppers with the stuffing about three-fourths full.
4) Combine sauce and water.
5) In a small heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid, stand the stuffed peppers upright and pour in the diluted sauce.
6) Season with the remaining ingredients and cook, covered for 40 minutes very slowly until rice is soft.
7) If necessary, pour in more water.
8) Serve hot.