Sultana & Dates Stuffed Peppers
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery stick||1 , finely chopped|
|Sultanas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, pour hot, boiling water. Dip peppers in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Take out from water and cut in halves along the length.
2) In a fry pan, add butter and heat up.
3) Add onion, celery, breadcrumbs, sultanas, parsley and dates. Cook for some time.
4) Pour wine in the pan to stir with all ingredients. Remove from heat.
5) Use a baking dish to grease well with oil or butter.
6) Place the peppers keeping the open side on top. Stuff the opening with the mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
7) Set your oven at 400F/200C and place the baking dish inside oven.
8) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the peppers are well cooked.
9) Serve by sprinkling with more grated cheese.