Rice & Nuts Stuffed Green Peppers
|Uncooked long grain rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 (Peel Of 1 Orange)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and cook the rice for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender.
3) When cooked thoroughly drain the rice, then rinse under cold water and drain well.
4) Slice the pepper tops, deseed and reserve the tops.
5) In a bowl, combine the rice and all the remaining ingredients together, while reserve 2 tablespoons each of the oil and water.
6) Gently spoon in the stuffing into the peppers without breaking them.
7) Stand the peppers closely on a casserole dish and replace the pepper tops.
8) Combine the reserved oil and water and gently drizzle it over the peppers.
9) Cover the dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for further 25 minutes.
10) Serve on a nice plate.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 221.7%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet