Cheese Stuffed Peppers
|Red peppers||24 Ounce, tops sliced off and seeded (Four 6 Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1) In a large saucepan, allow the water to boil and blanch the pepper cases and tops for about 3 minutes; drain well and keep aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
3) Oil a shallow ovenproof dish and nicely place the pepper cases in the dish.
4) In a saucepan, gently saute the onion in the oil for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
5) Turn off the heat, stir in the remaining ingredients and season with the salt and pepper.
6) Spoon the mixture evenly into the pepper cases and replace the pepper tops.
7) Bake the stuffed peppers in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly browned.
8) Serve immediately.