Rice Stuffed Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Medium|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1) With a knife cut the top of green peppers and discard seeds.
2) Place peppers in boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Drain and keep aside.
4) In a bowl mix rice, tomatoes, butter, and onion soup mix.
5) Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
6) Arrange in a 9-inch square baking dish and add 1/2 inch hot water.
7) In an oven bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
8) Drizzle cheese over peppers and bake for further 5 minutes.
9) Serve immediately.