1) In a large mixing bowl, put the asparagus, pepper and beansprouts, add the plum sauce and mix well.
2) Place the filo pastry sheets out on the work surface. Spoon a little asparagus mixture over the top end of each filo pastry sheet.
3) Brush the edges with a little beaten egg yolk, then roll up the filo pastry tuck the ends in like a spring roll.
4) In a large preheated wok, heat the oil for deep-frying. Then gently fry 2 parcels at a time, for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and let the parcels drain on the absorbent kitchen paper.
6) Place the parcels in the warm serving plates and serve immediately.