Stuffed Green Chili
|Green chilies||1⁄4 Kilogram|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit each chilly up to the end of the stalk, keeping the stalk as it is.
2. After grinding the ginger-garlic paste in vinegar, boil the rest of the vinegar with tamarind. Cool, strain, and set aside.
3. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil, add the ground paste, and fry for a while adding the turmeric and chilly powders. Continue to fry adding the powdered masalas until the oil surfaces. Remove from fire, and cool.
4. Carefully stuff the chillies with this prepared masala paste. Place them in ajar in a layer. Pour over this the tamarind vinegar solution. Repeat the chilly and vinegar layers until both are used up. Shake jar gently for the chillies to settle down.
5. Heat the remaining oil, cool thoroughly, pour into jar, cover and store.