Rice with Chili Peppers and Cheese
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into small cubes|
|Canned peeled green chili peppers||6 Ounce, cut into thin strips (Drained)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook the rice until just tender, being careful not to overcook.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Combine the rice with the sour cream and season with salt. Spread half the mixture in the bottom of a buttered casserole.
4. Sprinkle the rice mixture with the Cheddar cheese and strips of chili pepper. Top with the remaining rice mixture and dot with butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, thirty minutes and serve immediately.
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96 mg32%
Sodium 608.9 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 47.6% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet