Roasted Vegetables with Hot Chili Pepper Dip
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce (Two 6 Ounce/175 Gram Each)|
|Sweet potatoes||12 Ounce (Red-Fleshed, Two 6 Ounce/175 Gram Each)|
|Turnips||18 Ounce (Six 3 Ounce/85 Gram Each)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Fresh red chilies||3 , sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and finely diced|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes in tomato juice||14 Ounce, chopped (400 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Generous Amount)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Divide the oil between 2 large roasting pans and heat in the oven.
2. Scrub the potatoes and cut into wedges. Peel the parsnip and turnips. Cut the parsnip into strips about the same size as the potato wedges. Cut the turnips in half. Cook in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well, and carefully add to the roasting pans. Using a spoon, turn and coat the vegetables with the hot oil. Divide the rosemary and garlic between the roasting pans and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the zucchini and eggplant into long chunks, just slightly larger than the potato wedges. Remove the roasting pans from the oven and divide the zucchini and eggplant between them, carefully tossing them in the hot oil. Roast for an additional 45 minutes-1 hour, turning occasionally so that they roast evenly.
4. Meanwhile, make the dip. Set aside a few chili slices for garnish and put the remainder into a pan with all the remaining dip ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes until the onion is tender. Let the dip cool for 15 minutes, then process in a food processor or blender in small batches, until smooth. Return the dip to the pan and heat through thoroughly just prior to serving.
5. Pour the dip into 4 individual serving dishes and garnish with the reserved chili slices. Divide the roasted vegetables between warmed serving plates. Serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1668 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.9%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1544.5 mg64.4%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 58.3 g233.2%
Sugars 79.6 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 1105.6% Vitamin C 894%
Calcium 57% Iron 61.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet