Chicken with Oranges and Hot Chili Peppers
|Whole boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (3 Breasts, 750 Gram)|
|Oranges||4 , rinded|
|Green onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped ginger root||2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Dried chili peppers||12|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 , cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks|
1. Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
2. Remove pith from orange rind and cut into 1 1/4-inch (5-mm) matchsticks.
3. Place rind matchsticks on baking sheet and cook for 2 hours, until they are dry and begin to crisp. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil on very high heat until just smoking. Add chicken and saute 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
5. Add green onion and ginger and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes until flavors begin to develop.
6. Add reserved rind, chicken, chilies, water, sugar, soy sauce, honey, and cook, stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1834 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.9%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 394.6 mg131.5%
Sodium 2192.2 mg91.3%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 35.1 g140.2%
Sugars 127 g
Protein 171 g342.2%
Vitamin A 397.3% Vitamin C 568.6%
Calcium 42% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet