Bay Scallops With Hot And Sweet Red Pepper
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|Dried black mushrooms||10 (1 package, 1/2 ounce, 14 gram)|
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz), drained (284 milliliter)|
|Bamboo shoots||1 Can (10 oz), drained (284 milliliter)|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , cut into julienne strips|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed dried hot chili pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In warm water to cover, soak dried mushrooms for 30 minutes, until plumped. If water chestnuts are large, cut in half horizontally.
2. Combine water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and red peppers. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and chili peppers.
3. Drain and thinly slice mushrooms. Add to soy sauce mixture to absorb flavor.
4. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch. Add scallops and toss to coat well. Remove scallops to plate lined with waxed paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. In a wok, heat oil. Stir-fry scallops, a few at a time, for 1 minute, or until opaque. Remove and drain on paper towel.
6. Add water chestnut mixture. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms, sauce and scallops. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
8. Serve immediately. Garnish with green onions.