Pasta Stuffed Peppers
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||2|
|Dried figs||5 , diced|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce (Preferably Montrachet)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions until al dente; drain and set aside.
2. Cook the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat about 7 minutes, or until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, crumble it and set aside.
3. Drain all but 1/2 teaspoon of the bacon fat from the skillet. Add the onion and 2 teaspoons of water and cook, covered, over low heat about 8 minutes, or until softened; remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
4. Bring another large pot of water to a boil.
5. Meanwhile, cut off and reserve the tops from the bell peppers. Seed the peppers. Blanch the peppers and the tops in the boiling water about 10 minutes, or until softened but still firm enough to hold their shape. Drain the peppers and tops and set aside to cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°
7. In a large bowl combine the fettuccine, bacon, onions, figs, Parmesan, goat cheese, stock, salt, and black pepper to taste, and mix well. Fill each bell pepper with half of the mixture and cover with the tops. Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake about 12 minutes, or until heated through.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1026 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 19 g95.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg25.2%
Sodium 1216.3 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.4%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 45 g89.9%
Vitamin A 179.4% Vitamin C 548.7%
Calcium 78.9% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet