Cod With Mushrooms And Green Chili
|Skinless cod||10 Ounce, cubed (275 Gram)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||5 , slit down one side and deseeded|
|Onion seeds||2 Pinch|
|Mustard seeds||2 Pinch|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (115 Gram)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. When you have prepared the cod by rinsing it and patting it dry, leave it in the refrigerator so the pieces stay firm.
2. Heat the oil in a kadahi, wok or deep frying pan and fry the green chillies for about 1 minute. Remove them from the pan, draining off as much oil as possible, and drain further on paper towels.
3. Gently stir-fry the pieces of cod over a moderate heat for about 1 1/2 minutes and carefully remove from the pan. Keep warm.
4. In the remaining oil over a moderate heat, fry the curry leaves, onion and mustard seeds and the sliced onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour in the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt and lemon juice, followed by the mushrooms. Stir to mix everything together. Return to the pan the cod and the fried green chillies, followed by the chopped coriander. Mix again gently. Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook gently for 5-7 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn't catch.