Spiced Wheat Peppers
|Bulgur wheat||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Green peppers||10 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Pepper||5 Ounce (Yellow Or Red)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Cucumber||3 Ounce, peeled, halved, seeded and finely chopped (75 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Place the wheat in a mixing howl and cover it with cold water. Cover the howl and leave the wheat to stand for 1 hour.
2. Cut each pepper in half vertically and remove the seeds. Finely chop one of the green peppers.
3. Alternating the colours, place the halved peppers side by side in a shallow ovenproof dish and add 60 ml (4 tbsp) water. Cover the dish with a lid or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, re-positioning the peppers three times during the cooking time. Remove them from the oven and leave them to stand while preparing the filling.
4. Put the butter into an ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute until the butter melts, then stir in the chopped pepper, onions, chilli powder and cumin.
5. Cover the dish with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes until the onions and pepper are soft. Add the well-drained bulgar wheat and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring twice during the cooking time.
6. Drain almost all of the water from the peppers. Fill the peppers with the wheat filling and cover with a lid or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn three times during the cooking time.
7. Put the yogurt and cucumber into a small ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30-45 seconds until they are hot but not boiling, then season well with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle the peppers with the chopped parsley, season well with salt and pepper, and serve them with the cucumber and yogurt sauce served separately.