Cheddar Beef & Rice Stuffed Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Medium|
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (cooked)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
1. Cut off tops of peppers; remove seeds and membrane.
2. Mix beef with rice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and half (4 ounces) one can tomato sauce.
3. Arrange peppers upright snugly in a 3-quart casserole so one pepper fits into the center of the dish.
4. Fill peppers half-way with meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and finish filling with the rest of the meat mixture. Pour rest of tomato sauce over and around peppers.
5. Cover and microwave at Time Cook (power level 10) for 28 to 32 minutes. Sprinkle with rest of cheese, recover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.