1 1⁄2 Pound (May Use All Lean Beef Or 1 Pound Beef With 1/2 Pound Pork Sausage)
1⁄2 , sliced
2 Cup (32 tbs), divided (May Increase Quantity To 3 Cups And Use An Extra Cup In The Baking Dish)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (May Increase Quantity To 1 Cup)
Red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped italian parsley
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Clove (20 gm), finely minced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely grated
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cut one-inch top of red bell peppers.
2. Take off the stem and reserve the top.
3. Take off seeds from the bell pepper.
4. Trim the bottom so that it sits straight and prick some holes. So this to six bell peppers.
5. On a baking dish, take tomato sauce, beef broth and thinly slivered onion.
6. Arrange bell peppers on it.
7. In a bowl, take ground meat, salt, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, black pepper, freshly grated parmesan cheese and couple of tablespoons of tomato sauce. Mix it.
8. Add cooked rice and mix well.
9. Fill bell peppers with stuffing mixture, just enough to fill the top.
10. Add a spoon of tomato sauce over each stuffing and spread it out. Cover with bell pepper lid.
11. Cover with parchment paper or wax paper and cover with foil.
12. Bake it in an oven at 375 degrees F for one hour.
13. Remove from oven, take out the parchment paper and foil and cook it uncovered for 30 minutes.
14. Serve Stuffed Peppers with freshly chopped parsley.