Pork With Green Chilies
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Lean boneless pork butt||3 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch / 4 centimeter cubes (1350 Gram, Fresh)|
|White onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced lengthwise|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (7 Milliliter)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Dried oregano||3⁄4 Teaspoon (4 Milliliter)|
|Tomatillos/1 cup, drained canned tomatillos||8 Small, finely chopped (Fresh, Husked)|
|Anaheim chilies/Canned green chilies, seeded, deveined, finely chopped||4 , seeded, deveined, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled, coarsely chopped|
|Fresh coriander leaves||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||180 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Hot cooked white rice||1 Liter (4 Cups)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Coriander sprigs||4 (Fresh)|
1. Heat lard in 5- to 6-quart (5-to 6-L) Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add about 1/3 of pork in single layer. Cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes; remove to plate. Repeat until all pork has been browned.
2. Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons (30 mL) drippings from pan. Add onions and garlic; saute over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in salt, cumin and oregano.
3. Add tomatillos, chilies, tomato and coriander leaves to pan; stir in stock. Heat over high heat to boiling.
4. Return pork to pan; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until pork is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5. Uncover pan; increase heat to medium. Cook at low boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Stir in lime juice.