Hot Pepper Jelly
|Green peppers||8 Large|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green food coloring||4 Drop|
1. Prepare glasses and lids, and melt paraffin
2. Remove stems and seeds from peppers. (Wear rubber gloves if skin is sensitive.)
3. With food grinder, using fine disk, grind sweet green peppers and hot red peppers into colander over large bowl. With spoon, gently press ground peppers to drain 2 cups pepper liquid into bowl. Discard ground peppers.
4. In 8-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot, mix sugar, vinegar, salt, and liquid from peppers. Over high heat, heat to boiling; boil rapidly 10 minutes. Stir in pectin and food coloring. Stirring constantly, heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. With spoon, skim off foam.
5. Immediately ladle jelly into glasses to 1/2 inch from top and seal with paraffin When cool, cover glasses with lids.