Rice Beef Stuffed Peppers
|Oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Cooked rice||180 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||500 Milliliter, cut into pieces (2 Cups)|
|Worcestershire sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Grated mild cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– In a skillet, heat oil and cook ground beef.
– Add rice, onion, garlic, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
– Stir in 3/4 cup (180 ml) grated Cheddar.
– Lie the peppers on their sides, slice off one-third, scoop out pulp from the remainder, and sprinkle inside with salt.
– Fill peppers with meat mixture and cook for 25 minutes in oven.
– Three minutes before the end of cooking, add rest of cheese and run under the broiler for a few minutes.