Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
|Green pepper||4 Medium|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||19 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Muenster/Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Canned tomato bisque||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut each green pepper lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds.
2. In 12-inch skillet in 1/2 inch water, place pepper halves cut side up; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.
3. Meanwhile, in medium-sized bowl, combine red kidney beans, chopped broccoli, and cheese; toss to mix well.
4. Remove peppers from skillet; drain. Fill each pepper half with some bean mixture.
5. Discard water in skillet. In same skillet, stir undiluted tomato bisque and milk until blended. Carefully place stuffed peppers in soup mixture; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetable mixture is heated through and cheese melts.