Meat Stuffed Green Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Large|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground veal||3⁄4 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Trim the stem ends from the peppers and carefully remove the seeds and pith.
3. In a large skillet heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is transparent. Add the meat and stir until it is no longer red.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the tomato juice and let cool slightly. Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
5. Place the peppers in a greased baking dish and pour the tomato juice around them. Bake until the peppers are tender, thirty to forty minutes. Baste occasionally with the pan liquid, adding more liquid to the pan as necessary.