Cold Stuffed Green Peppers
|Green peppers||6 Large|
|Cooked rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), drained|
|Green olives||6 , pitted and chopped|
|Chopped pimento||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Remove a slice from the stem end of each pepper. Remove the seeds and membranes inside, being careful not to break the shells.
3. Plunge the peppers and their caps into boiling water to cover. Cover the pan and simmer until the peppers are almost tender, five to eight minutes. Drain.
4. Combine the rice, tomatoes, olives, pimento, capers, half the olive oil, the salt and pepper. Stuff the peppers with the mixture, filling them about three-quarters full. Replace the caps.
5. Arrange the peppers in a shallow baking dish and pour the stock and remaining oil around them. Bake about twenty minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
6. Remove the peppers from the pan and arrange on a bed of crisp salad greens. Surround with stuffed eggs and one and one-half cups each cooked green beans and carrots marinated two hours in French dressing.