Sheriff's Pecan Casserole
|White bread mix/Caraway rye yeast bread mix||16 Ounce (1 package)|
|A la king sauce mix||1 1⁄8 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound (1 package)|
|Chopped pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned green beans||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (2 cups)|
1) In a bowl, prepare the bread mixture as instructed on the package label.
2) Lightly dust the work surface with flour and knead the bread mixture until dough forms a ball for 5 minutes.
3) Cover with inverted bowl over dough and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
4) In a saucepan, place sauce mix with milk and stir until smooth.
5) Heat and cook the sauce mix, stirring, until sauce thickens and boils take the pan off the heat.
6) In a non-stick pan, press and break the sausage using a wooden spoon.
7) Cook the sausages until browned and drain off the excess fat.
8) Mix in the pecans, beans, pimientos and sauce to sausage, and stir well to mix.
9) Preheat the oven to 350F.
10) Lightly dust surface the work surface with flour, using a rolling pin, roll bread dough into a 19-by-14-inch rectangle.
11) Line the dough crosswise into a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan, leaving a 3- to 4-inch extra of pan to hang over.
12) Transfer the sausage mixture onto bread dough in pan, flattening evenly over e surface.
13) Dredge with cheese over the sausage mixture.
14) Using scissors, cut bread-dough overhangs into 1-inch-wide strips, beginning at outer edges and ending at sausage-cheese filling.
15) Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bread is golden.
16) Remove from the oven and place over a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
17) Cut in squares and serve hot.