Check out these easy and quick candy recipes for your loved one's, you can make them any time of the year! It's easy to make and even easier to eat. And yes, I've got chocolate dipped bacon...trust me it'll hit quite a few of your taste buds. It's smoky, salty AND sweet... Enjoy!
Caramel candy squares
10 Ounce (about 35 pieces)
Dark chocolate/Milk chocolate
5 Ounce, chop
6 Ounce, roast (unsalted pecans)
For the chocolate dipped bacon
4 , halved (apple wood bacon)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melt
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree
2. Roughly chop the dark chocolate and melt it on a double boiler over simmering water.
3. In another double boiler over simmering water, melt the caramel and heavy cream.
4. Stir until melted using separate spoons.
5. On a baking sheet or a plate place the parchment paper arrange the pile the pecans in small cluster, once done spray your teaspoon with cooking spray and take some amount of caramel and pour it on the pecans.
6. Once done let the caramel set for 10 minutes on the pecans at room temperature.
7. Pour small amounts of melted chocolate over each turtle.
8. Once done, refrigerate the candies for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
9. In the meantime roast the bacon slices in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave.
11. Once the bacon is done drain the excess fat on paper towel, and dip the bacon in the melted semi-sweet chocolate.
12. Let it set for 10 minutes before serving.
13. Serve the pecan turtles and chocolate dipped bacon after a hearty meal.
If you cannot find roasted pecans then roast the raw pecans at 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.
Store the candy at room temperature in an air tight container.