Valentine's Day Recipe-Pecan Turtles & Chocolate Dipped Bacon (Cooking With Carolyn)
|Caramel candy squares||10 Ounce (about 35 pieces)|
|Dark chocolate/Milk chocolate||5 Ounce, chop|
|Pecan halves||6 Ounce, roast (unsalted pecans)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|For the chocolate dipped bacon|
|Bacon slices||4 , halved (apple wood bacon)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melt|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree
2. Roughly chop the dark chocolate and melt it on a double boiler over simmering water.
3. In another double boiler over simmering water, melt the caramel and heavy cream.
4. Stir until melted using separate spoons.
5. On a baking sheet or a plate place the parchment paper arrange the pile the pecans in small cluster, once done spray your teaspoon with cooking spray and take some amount of caramel and pour it on the pecans.
6. Once done let the caramel set for 10 minutes on the pecans at room temperature.
7. Pour small amounts of melted chocolate over each turtle.
8. Once done, refrigerate the candies for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
9. In the meantime roast the bacon slices in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave.
11. Once the bacon is done drain the excess fat on paper towel, and dip the bacon in the melted semi-sweet chocolate.
12. Let it set for 10 minutes before serving.
13. Serve the pecan turtles and chocolate dipped bacon after a hearty meal.
If you cannot find roasted pecans then roast the raw pecans at 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.
Store the candy at room temperature in an air tight container.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.9 mg3.3%
Sodium 109.7 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 38.3 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet