|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sieved|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Candied cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Blend using a electric beater.
4. Add pecans and flour and mix well using a wooden spatula. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
5. Shape chilled dough into small balls and place on greased tray.
6. Press a hole in the centre using fingertips and place candied cherry in each roundel.
7. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes around 60 no-€™s.
9. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.