Pecan Crumb Crust
|Graham crackers||10 , quartered|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Into the blender add in the graham crackers, about 1/3 at a time.
3) Using the Puree blade, blend them into fine crumbs in about 10 seconds.
4) Transfer the crumbs into a bowl.
5) Into the blender, add in the pecans. Using Stir blade, pulse them for 8 seconds till they are finely chopped.
6) Add the nuts to the bowl of crumbs.
7) Mix in butter or margarine along with sugar. Give the mixture a good stir.
8) Take a 9-inch pie plate and pack the crumbs and nuts mixture tightly into the base and the sides.
9) Bake for 5 minutes.
10) Allow the crust to chill.
11) Serve the Pecan Crumb Crust with a dessert filling of your choice.