|Pecans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, cover the pecans with water and bring to a boill.
2) Boil the contents for about 1 minute and drain well.
3) Mix together the spices and sugar and set aside.
4) While the pecans are still warm, toss them with the sugar mixture.
5) On a tray, spread the pecans in a single layer and let them dry for 9 to 24 hours.
6) Heat the oil till it has hit a temperature of 350 degrees.
7) Fry the nuts for about 2 minutes, till the sugar has caramelized and the nuts are dark brown in color.
8) Drain well and sprinkle with salt while still warm, if preferred.
9) Place the Candied Pecans on a serving plate and serve warm or at room temperature. These make a good dessert.