|Pecans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, cover the pecans with water and bring to a boill.
2) Boil the contents for about 1 minute and drain well.
3) Mix together the spices and sugar and set aside.
4) While the pecans are still warm, toss them with the sugar mixture.
5) On a tray, spread the pecans in a single layer and let them dry for 9 to 24 hours.
6) Heat the oil till it has hit a temperature of 350 degrees.
7) Fry the nuts for about 2 minutes, till the sugar has caramelized and the nuts are dark brown in color.
8) Drain well and sprinkle with salt while still warm, if preferred.
9) Place the Candied Pecans on a serving plate and serve warm or at room temperature. These make a good dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4262 Calories from Fat 3403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 405 g622.9%
Saturated Fat 36.4 g182%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 389.2 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g58.9%
Dietary Fiber 51.8 g207.2%
Sugars 121 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 75.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet