Glazed Roasted Stuffed Rock Cornish Hens
|Frozen rock cornish hens||6|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For pecan stuffing|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced stale bread||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Thaw the frozen rock cornish hens.
3) In a pan, saute the onion and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with the salt and paprika, then stir in the bread, pecans and parsely, mix lightly.
5) Stuff the hens with the pecan stuffing, secure with the toothpicks and tie the hen legs together.
6) In a shallow roasting pan, place the stuffed hens, pour over the melted butter and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
7) Roast in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, basting twice with the pan drippings.
8) Glaze the roasted hens with the hot beef bouillon thickened with a mixture of cornstarch blended in a little cold water.
9) Serve the Glazed Roasted Stuffed Rock Cornish Hens, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 2382 Calories from Fat 1590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 179 g274.8%
Saturated Fat 56.2 g281%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 995.3 mg331.8%
Sodium 1234.1 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 162 g323.5%
Vitamin A 47.8% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 49.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet