Broiled Persimmon with Pecans
|Persimmon||1⁄4 Pound, cut in half lengthwise (1 medium size)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Ounce, chopped|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
1. In a small bowl mix together the pecans and sugar.
2. In flameproof au gratin dish or 4 x 4 x 2-inch baking dish arrange persimmon halves, cut-side up and set aside.
3. Sprinkle pecan mixture over persimmon halves, reserving 1 teaspoon.
4. Broil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar caramelizes and pecans are lightly toasted but do not overcook.
5. In a bowl combine sour cream, whipped topping, and nutmeg.
6. In a serving platter arrange the persimmon halves.
7. Top each persimmon with half of the sour cream mixture and then sprinkle with half of the reserved pecan mixture.
Calories 55 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg0.6%
Sodium 3.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 0.41 g0.82%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 0.58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet