Broiled Persimmon with Pecans
|Persimmon||1⁄4 Pound, cut in half lengthwise (1 medium size)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Ounce, chopped|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
1. In a small bowl mix together the pecans and sugar.
2. In flameproof au gratin dish or 4 x 4 x 2-inch baking dish arrange persimmon halves, cut-side up and set aside.
3. Sprinkle pecan mixture over persimmon halves, reserving 1 teaspoon.
4. Broil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar caramelizes and pecans are lightly toasted but do not overcook.
5. In a bowl combine sour cream, whipped topping, and nutmeg.
6. In a serving platter arrange the persimmon halves.
7. Top each persimmon with half of the sour cream mixture and then sprinkle with half of the reserved pecan mixture.