|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Make use of ungreased cookie sheets.
3) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Add the water and vanilla and blend well.
5) Combine together the pecans and flour.
6) To the creamed mixture, add the flour very gradually. Mix well till blended.
7) Break small pieces of the dough with lightly floured hands and then shape the pieces like dates.
8) On the cookie sheet, place the dough pieces 1-inch apart.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, till the dough is light brown in color.
10) While the prepared pieces are still warm, roll them in granulated sugar.
11) Serve as preferred.