|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Small, beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecans and walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (or)|
1. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F
3. Into a large basin, sift together, the flour, salt and spices using a fine mesh sieve. Keep aside.
4. Stir the soda into the milk and set aside.
5. Combine the raisins and nuts and lightly dust with flour.
6. In a large mixing bowl of an electric beater combine butter and sugar and beat until soft and light.
7. Add the eggs, little at a time and beat until well blended.
8. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture to make a thick smooth batter.
9. Fold in the raisins and nuts
10. Immediately pour batter and spread evenly on a baking sheet using a palette knife of back of a spoon.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
12. Remove tray from the oven and let stand for a while then cut into equal size squares or fingers while still warm.
13. Dust with icing sugar or frost if you like.
14. Serve with tea or coffee.
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 179.8 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet