Angostura Pecan Crisps
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Cake flour||3 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Shelled pecans||1⁄2 Pound, finely ground|
|Angostura bitters||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and butter until creamy.
3. Put eggs in the mixture and blend further.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda and once done, put into the butter mixture.
5. Stir well.
6. Put ground nuts and bitters and stir.
7. Take well-greased baking sheets and drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon at a distance of every 21/2 inch.
8. Top the cookie with a pecan at the center.
9. Bake for 14 minutes.
10. Once baked, allow the cookies to settle at room temperature.
11. Serve warm with tea/coffee