Crunchy Pecan Cookies
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole pecans||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Mix shortening and sugar, creaming them well.
3) Add egg, nuts and flavoring to this creamed mixture.
4) Sift together all the dry ingredients and beat in the egg mixture alternately with milk.
5) Take a well buttered cookie sheet and drop one tablespoonfuls of dough on it and flatten them with a floured teaspoon.
6) Top each with half a pecan and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
7) When the cookies are half done, reduce the oven heat to 325° F.
8) Serve with coffee.