Sugar Glazed Pecans Appetizer
|Champagne/Ginger ale||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Non stick spray||4 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven at 250 degrees F. Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with non-stick coating spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk egg whites. Add in the champagne/ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and sugar and pecan halves. Fold all the ingredients together until the nuts are evenly coated.
3. Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
5. When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container.
6. Serve Pecans with cocktail.