Pumpkin Pecan Cookies
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For 1 recipe brown sugar-butter frosting (recipe is below)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bolw occasionally. Beat in egg until combined. Stir in pumpkin and the flour mixture. Stir in pecans.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cooke sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Frost cooled cookies iwth Brown Sugar-Butter Frosting.
How to make the frosting:
1. In a medium saucepan heat the butter and brown sugar over medium heat until butter is melted.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Stir in enough hot water (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make a smooth, spreadable frosting.
3. Frost cookies immediately after preparing forsting. If frosting becomes grainy, add a few more drops of hot water and stir frosting until it's smooth.