Thanksgiving Dessert Pear Pistachio Crisp
|Pears||5 Medium, peeled, cored and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs) (old fashioned)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pears and cinnamon. Add lemon juice.
3. In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
4. Add butter to this dry mixture and mix it well with hands. Add pistachios and set aside.
5. In a greased baking dish, pour pears and cover with oats mixture.
6. Pop it into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Serve it with vanilla ice cream or plain Greek yogurt.