Fit Foodie- Graziella Baratta shares a deliciously chic and waistline friendly dessert!
4 Teaspoon (1 tsp drizzled over each pear)
10 Small, pitted (Unsulphured)
1. In a shallow pot, place the whole pears and pour the whole bottle of red wine over them.
2. Place on a medium high flame, cover and bring the wine to a rolling boil.
3. Lower to a simmer. Add bourbon vanilla, cinnamon and dried prunes into the simmering wine.
4. Drizzle agave nectar over each pear. Let the sauce reduce to a thick consistency by simmering it for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Then uncover and turn the pears over.
6. Cover again and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. Spoon the wine over the pears occasionally to baste them.
7. When tender and cooked all the way through, turn off the heat and let the pears sit in the sauce, covered for a few minutes.
8. Serve warm, alone or with ice-cream or cream.