|Firm ripe pears||4 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Gorgonzola||2 Ounce (at room temperature)|
|Soft unsalted butter||1 Ounce|
|Crushed pistachios/Pistachios / pine kernels||2 Tablespoon|
1. Peel the pear using a sharp knife.
2. Cut the pear in halves and lengthwise. Keep the stem attacged to the half section of every pear.
3. Remove the cores and scoop at least 2 teaspoons of pear.
4. Paint each side of the pear using a pastry brush which is dipped in lemon juice.
5. Soften the butter and cream gorgonzola by beating it against the side of a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to beat till it turns fluffy and soft.
6. Fill the pear hollow with a scant tablespoon of the butter and cheese mixture. Carefully press the pear halves back.
7. In the crushed nuts, roll the pears.
8. Arrange on a serving dish.
9. Chill 2 hours till the cheese gets firm.
10. Serve Pere Ripiene chilled.
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg9.2%
Sodium 197.4 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet