Vanilla Poached Pears
|Dry white wine||7 Fluid Ounce (200 milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Vanilla pod||1 , split|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Firm ripe pears||6 , peeled and halved|
|Fresh bay leaves||4|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|For caramel lattices|
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. In a large sized sauce pan, combine wine, 450 ml water, vanilla pod, vanilla essence, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well and cook on a low flame till sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
2. Add pears and bring to boil.
3. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or till pears just start to soften but are still firm.
4. Remove pears and place each half in an individual serving bowl. Keep aside.
5. Reduce the cooking liquid for few more minutes. Strain and pour spoonfuls on each pear. Keep aside to cool.
6. Cover and refrigerate till service.
7. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
8. Grease 6 SS tablespoon backs with oil and keep aside.
9. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar and water for lattice.
10. Mix well and cook on a low flame till sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
11. Increase flame, do not stir and allow caramelizing.
12. Remove off flame and while the caramel is still in thick liquid form, dip end of an unoiled tablespoon in caramel and drizzle it over oiled backs of tablespoons, drizzling quickly before caramel sets.
13. Allow caramel to harden over spoons and once set, gently remove off spoons.
14. Serve chilled pears with CrÃ¨me Fraiche/ Sour cream, garnished with bay leaf and caramel lattices.