|Dried pears||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts/Pecan or walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large pan, place the dried pears. Pour boiling water to soak the pears.
2) Let the pears stand for a few minutes till they become soft. They should be soft but not mushy.
3) Drain the pears. To remove any trace of water from the pears drain them over sheet of paper towels.
4) On a wax paper, arrange half of the pears with their skin side down forming a rectangular shape. Let the edges of the fruit overlap so that there is no gap between any two pears.
5) Place a wax paper on top. With a rolling pin smoothen the top gently.
6) Place the rest of the pears over the second wax sheet.
7) In a blender, add the moist and soft dates along with honey. Blend to get a smooth paste. Add in the nuts, pecans or walnuts and mix well.
8) Spread half of the above mixture evenly over each of the sheet of pear. Roll it up like a log. Smoothen out any uneven surfaces with a spatula.
9) Let it stand overnight if the surface of the sheet is too moist.
10) Cut the log into 16 pieces making 32 pinwheels.
11) Serve individual pinwheels with whipped cream for garnish.