Pear, Date and Nut Salad
|Ripe dessert pears||4 , peeled and cored|
|Crisp lettuce||1 Small|
|Dates||4 Ounce, chopped (115 Gram)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (55 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the pears in halves and scoop out some of the pulp. Sprinkle the halves with some lemon juice to avoid its discolouring.
2. Finely shred a few lettuce leaves.
3. In a bowl mix the pulp scooped out of the pears, the shredded lettuce, the dates, nuts, parsley and add oil and lemon juice to taste.
4. Stuff this mixture into pear halves.
5. Make a bed of the left-over lettuce and serve the stuffed pears on this bed.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 56.4% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet